Excessive hair in the pubic area can be a nightmare to women. Although women and men are affected alike, the former have a course to worry because of cosmetic reasons. Too much hair in the pubic area can result from genetic makeup, some diets and certain weather conditions. Otherwise even normal hair can overlap the bikini line causing ugly site to behold.
People with certain endocrine disorders such excess of some hormones may also suffer from excessive hair in the pubic area as well as in other areas of the body. This may also occur as a side effect of certain medications. This is called hirsutism and it is amenable to treatment of the underlying condition and withdrawal of the offending drug respectively.
Methods of Removing Pubic Hair
Under these circumstances it necessary to remove these excessive hairs. There are several ways to remove the excessive. These include use of hair removal creams, use of laser surgery, waxing and shaving among others. Each of these methods is associated with certain side effects. The method to choose depends on personal choice, safety of the method as well as the desired outcome.
For those who desire to remove hair in the pubic area, it is important to know that you can actually remove the hair permanently. This is only possible with laser surgery. The other methods are temporary although the rate of regrowth differs between each of these methods.
Hair Removal Products for Pubic Area
In the market today are several hair removal products, most of which are creams. Also known as depletory, hair removal cream uses a complex mechanism to produce its effects. The main active compound in most hair removal creams is sodium thioglycolate which digests the proteins (collagens) in the hair shafts weakening and dissolving them.
How to Use Hair Removal Cream for Pubic Hair
- The first thing is to clean the area you want to shave
- Then apply the right amount of the depletory on the skin
- Wait for just a few minutes (actually 5-10 minutes) then use a plastic blade to scrap off the fallen hair
- Wash off the area immediately with soap and clean water
Using hair removal cream for pubic hair can have advantages and disadvantages.
- It is a quick process that takes only a couple minutes and leaves you clean
- It is easy to perform not requiring any skills. It can be done at home by anyone.
- You can remove hair from only those parts such as bikini lines without interfering with the rest of the hairs.
- It does not remove hair permanently as opposed to surgery and so you can control when to regrow the hair.
- If left on the skin for longer periods, it can cause severe irritation, itching and skin discoloration which may be permanent. This is because of chemical digesting the skin.
- Some people have more sensitive pubic skin and therefore more predisposed to the side effects of hair removal creams.
- It may not be effective in all people and therefore may not give satisfactory outcomes.